The project is located in Ogun State, Nigeria. It is involves the development of 3000ha sprinkler irrigation system and domestic water supply to 10 villages within the project area. This project was completed at a cost of £53m. It is located about 35km north of Lagos, Nigeria. The main features of this project include:
- Headworks comprising of Concrete Weir, Sluiceway, Stilling Basin, Retaining Wells, DN 1600 conduit footbridge, Diesel alternator house and Main Pumping Station with discharge capacity of 2,750m3/hr.
- Concrete cased raking and vertical piles in foundation including sheet piles.
- Dyke and DN1500mm, 1.4km steel pipes as Rising Mains.
- 18km of concrete lined conveyance canals with 35no. major structures.
- Regulating reservoirs and secondary pumping stations.
- Development of 3,000 hectares of sprinkler irrigation system.
We were responsible for Detail Design, Preparation of Construction drawings, Work Programming, Monthly Work Valuation and general direction of the works.